Customer Service Manager - Frederick, Maryland
Start date: Oct 26, 2020
Location: Willowdale Store
101 Willowdale Dr., Frederick, MD 21701
Responsible for the oversight, leadership and achievement for the sales floor and obtaining set sales goals. Directs all aspects relating to the daily operations of the sales floor, leading the team and driving the business. Key responsibilities include building, leading, and retaining motivated, high performing teams through effective leadership of Retail Sales Associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes retail operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for profit, revenue, and production for a Retail Store location.
- Makes decisions on matters relating to the day-to-day retail operation within his/her defined work area.
- Conducts new goods inventory and ensures proper reporting.
- Ensures team members deliver excellent customer service to donors and customers.
- Works to de-escalate customer situations while finding an appropriate solution; involves upper management, as needed.
- Maintains the day-to-day operations of the store including managing and meeting team member and customer needs.
- Ensures store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Oversees and maintains the day-to-day operations of the sales floor including daily maintenance, custodial duties, and floor standards.
- Provides regular mentoring and training to develop skills of Retail Sales Associates; ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures.
- Ensures that the store complies with all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health, and Safety, coordinating with various Goodwill divisions, as needed; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to team members and the business.
- May perform tasks such as dropping off the bank deposit, helping at other stores, and attending personal training and development classes, as needed.
- Processes complex sales transactions, including customer returns
- Collaborates with store leadership to establish clear company vision and ensure team member engagement.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
- Provides regular mentoring, training, and coaching to develop skills of team members.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- One year work experience in Retail Management, preferred
- One year customer service experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. We work together as One Goodwill toward our vision of ending poverty through the power of work. Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users.
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.