Salvage Operations Leader - Maryland
Start date: Oct 26, 2020
Location: Maryland Warehouse
6413 English Muffin Way, Frederick, MD 21703
Works with the Manager of Salvage Operations for the oversight, leadership and results for Salvage and Dell operations for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) located in Maryland. Assists with directing all aspects of daily operations; leading the team and driving the business for both short and long-term success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of Retail Sales Lead, Shift Lead, and Retail Sales Associates.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Makes decisions on matters relating to the day-to-day operations within his/her defined work area.
- Assists Manager of Salvage Operations to analyze and develop pricing for salvage product in accordance with current market value.
- Ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures, relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to team members and the business.
- Partners with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Creates and maintains ongoing relationships with shipping companies and salvage buyers.
- Works to de-escalate customer situations while finding an appropriate solution.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote the GCNA mission.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Assists with executing department operations plan to achieve required targeted growth in daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for profit and revenue.
- Assists with monitoring and recording products levels daily to achieve bottom line in sales budget against targets.
- Ensures payroll costs and operating costs are managed to budget.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Retail Management, preferably thrift
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. We work together as One Goodwill toward our vision of ending poverty through the power of work. Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users.
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.