Janitor - Thurmont, Maryland
Location: Thermont Store
202 E. Main St., Thurmont, MD 21788
Performs janitorial duties at assigned facility including cleaning restrooms, floors (vacuuming, sweeping, moping), emptying trash, dusting, and cleaning of other spills or special requests as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors and setting alarms after operating hours.
- Notifies leader of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Safeguards company property by reporting any incidents of theft or misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property.
- Notifies leader concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Cleans up customer spills, as needed.
- Services, cleans, and supplies restrooms including cleaning and sanitizing sinks, urinals and toilets, replenish toilet paper, paper towels and hand soap.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Dusts furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Cleans windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Cleans walls and doors with appropriate cleaners.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- May be required to mix water and chemicals to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- May be required to spot clean carpets.
- May be required to change light bulbs.
- Cleans up various bio-hazardous materials with appropriate cleansers, tools, and procedures.
- Reports all team member injuries in a timely fashion including calling injury hotline, completing an incident report and notifying your leader.
- Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School education/GED or equivalent work experience
- One year experience in janitorial services, or related field
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Valid Arizona drivers’ license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. We work together as One Goodwill toward our vision of ending poverty through the power of work. Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users.
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.