Start date: Jul 13, 2020
Supports Mission Services training initiatives by being an effective facilitator and community liaison, identifying appropriate job seekers to provide intensive services, and conducting training to meet program standards. Supports and helps drive the Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) vision of ending unemployment in Arizona.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Works with leadership to ensure grant and Mission Services budgets are met and maintained.
- Acts as a liaison between clients and community agencies.
- Identifies and assesses prospective job seekers in local communities to promote training programs and other Mission Services initiatives.
- Works with Community Awareness Partner and leader to identify appropriate community partners to increase pipeline for job seekers for training and Mission Services programs.
- Serves as a GCNA ambassador to the community.
- Keeps accurate written case records and files that are necessary to meet program requirements.
- Develops and implements individual career plans in partnership with job seekers.
- Coaches and assists job seekers in training opportunities within GCNA training resources.
- In collaboration with training, prepares training materials and resources to participants of training programs.
- Facilitates and conducts classroom and virtual training to program participants.
- Assists in Career Centers, as needed.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of related experience preferred
- Demonstrates professionalism, business acumen and a drive to follow through and execute business needs
- Ability to produce documents written with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently, Bilingual a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- Valid Arizona driver's license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance, and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.