HR Services Specialist
Start date: Dec 02, 2019
Responsible for performing a wide variety of benefit support functions, including but not limited to benefit policy and procedure interpretation, benefit administration, regulatory compliance, training and customer service. Coordinates the data flow of the employment life cycle, through the timely and accurate processing of Human Resources and team member related transactions and audits. Creates, sets-up and maintains all electronic personnel files, maintains filing system, and performs audits, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through heavy data entry enters HR transactions and team member benefits into HRIS system to include benefit elections and changes, new hires, terminations, performance management documentation, disciplinary documents, status changes such as promotions and transfers, address changes and pay changes. Verifies that changes are supported with proper documentation and are in compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Partners with Leaders, HR Business Partners, and Third-Party administrator in the weekly process of team member eligibility notifications and gathering and submitting of information for Unemployment claims, including scheduling hearings and appeals. Assists HR Business Partners and HR leadership with collecting team member information as needed.
- Reviews audit reports generated by various sources and resolves benefit data discrepancies.
- Provides monthly reporting and auditing, analyzes for accuracy and gives to finance, as needed.
- Processes team member retro-payment adjustments for benefits after the effective date of enrollment, terminations, salary and benefit changes, correction of hours worked, vacation and sick time not submitted in a timely manner, and partners with Payroll for processing.
- Assists with the reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Assists with data gathering to ensure the regulatory filings (5500) are submitted in a timely fashion for both Health and Welfare and Retirement Plans, as needed.
- Responsible for reconciling basic invoices from insurance carriers and I9 invoice, as well as internal and external system audits.
- Tracks and processes medical support orders, including any follow-up that may be needed.
- Audits payroll and reviews HR audits before payroll processing, ensuring that information is correctly transmitted to the time-keeping system from the HRIS system.
- Mediates between benefit providers and team members, such as assisting in handling team member's routine benefit-related questions.
- On a daily basis, effectively communicates via phone, mail, and email to team members' inquiries and requests. Forms of team member communication includes phone calls, emails and tickets submitted through our ServiceNow system.
- Coordinates with vendor on the team member notification of COBRA eligibility to household members and team members at hire and upon termination; includes notification to household members of eligibility for COBRA, etc. when benefits are discontinued.
- Builds relationships with team members and Leaders, and acts as a point of contact for our HR Department.
- Works closely with assigned departments to ensure successful completion of employment related forms.
- Timely and accurately processes Verifications of Employment (VOE's) and Benefit Verifications Requests that come from various sources.
- Follows up with managers on missing/inaccurate/illegible paperwork for correct processing.
- Routes incoming phone calls to the correct department.
- Maintains and secures confidentiality of all Human Resources information.
- Assists in the planning and organizing of the annual open enrollment process for all Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) team members. Includes scheduling and organizing facilities, preparing documents, coordination with insurance company representatives and other vendors, coordinating and scheduling staffing for all open enrollment activities, etc. Coordinates dissemination of information with providers.
- Conducts the benefits portion of new team member's orientation in order to foster positive attitudes toward the organizational objectives and conducts benefit meetings for open enrollment.
- Effectively identifies and addresses any compliance or risk issues and concerns with the appropriate party.
- Administers the Trip Reduction Program, including annual reporting, surveys, monthly drawings and audits.
- Scans, saves, purges, and attaches all documentation into electronic files in correctly identified sections, in order to maintain confidentiality of documents and to remain compliant.
- Audits I9's for correct data and compliance, notifying team member if documents are expired.
- Provides technical support to Leaders, providing direction on making time card corrections, I9 completion, and submitting team member changes.
- Assists with special projects with the HR team such as file audits, running HRIS reports, mass data maintenance, and document translating.
- Partners with HR Business Partners and HR leadership regarding vital HR information.
- Processes returned mail by going into Kronos to verify team member's address, then requests new address from team member if Kronos has not been updated. Sends mail with updated address to the team member.
- Maintains current knowledge of State and Federal legislation regarding team member benefits or anything that may impact team member benefits including Health Care Reform. Remains familiar with I9 compliance and basic employment law.
- Contributes to building a cohesive work environment by working together as a team.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- One to two years previous experience in HR, heavy data entry or data processing as well as experience specifically with medical insurance and working with providers
- Proficient in MS Office skills including Word, Power Point and Outlook as well as strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to read and write English proficiently.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Insight to remain objective when handling sensitive customer service issues
- Capable of handling multiple calls on a consistent basis due to heavy phone volume
- Versatility to work in an office setting with other team members that reflects an environment of constant movement and multi-tasking
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly, with a strong attention to detail by focusing on the minute details of a project or task
- Ability to be self-directed and show initiative
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.