Product Manager, My Career Advisor
Start date: Nov 04, 2019
Manages the My Career Advisor (MCA) platform as it transitions from a project into a "live product", coordinating between departments ensuring content remains relevant and fresh, supporting the Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) vision of ending poverty in Arizona. MCA is an external facing tool where job seekers can receive similar recourses they would receive in a career center, making our career services virtual.
2626 W. Beryl Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direction on system enhancements and implementation of new tools offered on MCA.
- Identifies risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
- Translates product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria.
- Reviews and accepts completed user stories.
- Supports the creation of Product Backlog for a specific project.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog consistent with the Outcomes and Product Roadmap and performs story elaboration with the implementation team.
- Works closely with VP of Mission Services, Marketing, IT, L&D, customers and key partners to define the MCA vision and strategy that is aligned with the high-level product roadmap.
- Maintains relationships with external vendors such as our marketing agency and web building program vendor.
- Coordinates with various departments ensuring content remains relevant and fresh.
- Supports development of appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance in order to evaluate future investment.
- Partners with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
- Serves as a GCNA ambassador to the community.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years' experience working with internet technologies and/or website management preferred with the ability to translate product needs to technology
- 2+ years' product management experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers' needs and insights
- Web design and project management experience preferred
- Ability to analyze web analytics
- Expertise in User Experience (UX) design concepts
- Experience with web advertising, adwords, or other similar products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction, building relationships at all levels
- Demonstrates professionalism, business acumen, strong problem solving skills and a drive to follow through and execute business needs
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- Valid Arizona driver's license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.