Career Advisor I
6750 W Peoria Ave Suite #124, Peoria, AZ 85345 (67th Avenue & Peoria)
Start date: Aug 19, 2019
Supports career center leadership in the daily operations of the career center location to help drive the Goodwill mission of ending unemployment. Serves job seekers by providing job readiness support such as resume and interview coaching. Provides job seekers with job leads and refers them to prospective employers. Provides all job seekers and employers with an exceptional customer experience. Demonstrates professionalism, business acumen and follow through and executes business needs. May travel to various Career Center locations as needed.
6750 W Peoria Ave Suite #124, Peoria AZ 85345
Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with career center leadership to execute Mission Services operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for served and placed.
- Assists career center leadership to ensure operating costs are managed to budget.
- Partners with career center leadership to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service to customers.
- Ensures career centers are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Prepares job seekers for the current job market by assisting them with the completion of applications and resumes.
- Provides one-on-one career advisement by coaching job seekers on interviewing techniques, job searching skills, career development strategies, and industry trends.
- Identifies job seeker talents and skills, and effectively matches them to available internal and external employment opportunities, employers, and training.
- Maintains databases and records of services provided to job seekers, including employment events, job placements, case notes, and support services issued.
- Supports on-site events, including hiring and readiness workshops, supporting outreach, and providing great customer service for employers and job seekers.
- Promotes Goodwill services by working off-site events held by our Employer & Community Relations Partners.
- Engages in activities to expand job seeker inventory.
- Supports Lead Career Advisor in developing strategies to assist with job seeker success and organizational goals.
- Collaborates with Mission Services teams in event coordination activities, both internal & external, and supports with opportunities to grow the business in the centers.
- Keeps abreast of all upcoming events for the center, and collaborates with Lead Career Advisor to ensure the events' success.
- Assists career center leadership in partnering with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assists career center leadership in building a high-performing team.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- Excellent internet navigation required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently
- Valid Arizona driver's license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.