Lead Career Advisor
Start date: Aug 19, 2019
Supports career center leadership in leading the daily operations of the career center location to help drive the Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) mission of ending unemployment. Provides mentoring and training to Career Advisors and volunteers. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Career Services and specifically for his or her designated location. Assists with leading events and other activities in the center as appropriate. Key responsibilities includes career center support, customer service, financial management, event management, and training and development of team members. Demonstrates professionalism, business acumen and follow through and execute business needs.
Yuma Career Center
3097 S. 8th Ave, Yuma 85364
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Career Center leadership to execute WFD operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for served and placed.
- Assists Career Center leadership to ensure payroll costs and operating costs are managed to budget.
- Partners with Career Center leadership to ensure team members deliver excellent customer service to customers.
- Works to de-escalate customer situations while finding an appropriate solution.
- Ensures store career centers are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Supports the Career Center Leader in running the day-to-day operations of the Career Center.
- Under direction of Career Center Leader, partners to ensure that Career Advisors are well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Acts as a key holder for the career center, closes the location regularly, and serves as backup to the Career Center Leader.
- Manages on-site events, including hiring and readiness workshops, by creating flyers, supporting/scheduling outreach, and providing great customer service for employers and job seekers.
- Performs key operational support duties including supply orders, reporting, and ensuring proper lighting and signage is in place.
- Provides one-on-one career advisement by coaching job seekers on interviewing techniques, job searching skills, career development strategies, and industry trends.
- Provides input for team member performance reviews to Career Center Leader.
- Promotes GCNA services by occasionally working off-site events and acts as the main point of contact for special projects.
- Ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures.
- Assists Career Center leadership in partnering with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assists Career Center leadership in building a high-performing team.
- Under direction of Career Center leadership, provides coaching and training to team members on duties and responsibilities.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Plays critical support role to career center leadership in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Three years of related experience preferred
- Excellent internet navigation required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to produce documents written with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently
- Valid Arizona driver's license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a drug test, background check required, and ability to pass fingerprint clearance
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona - We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.