Start date: Aug 26, 2019
Responsible for content creation and support of marketing efforts for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona’s (GCNA) Mission Services department, building awareness of GCNA’s vision of ending poverty through the power of work.
Monday through Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brainstorms content, writes copy for, and prepares e-mail send outs for Mission Services, Philanthropy, and Recruiting campaigns including bi-monthly job seeker e-blasts, blog posts and additional send outs as needed, as well as print and online advertisements, brochures, web copy, and additional creative outlets.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications management to review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing services to determine the best way to promote GCNA Mission Services and the virtual platform.
- Designs and writes copy for promotional materials including promotional flyers and notices, Mission Services, Philanthropy, and Recruiting special event flyers, and other marketing materials, as needed.
- Maintains a process for writing related success stories and continues to find ways to integrate into GCNA’s storytelling process.
- Brainstorms, concepts, storyboards and scripts success story videos.
- Prepares communications/scripts for mission related events and activities.
- Supports outlining of project timelines and collaborates with marketing team to determine project components and due dates.
- Supports development of general organization content, website content, organization nominations, and more as needed.
- Brainstorms, concepts/storyboards mission service related videos.
- Works with various individuals throughout the organization to support the crafting of written messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Concepts ideas and outlines storyboard content and copy for external and internal videos. Collaborates with videographer throughout entirety of video making process.
- Works with the marketing team to collaborate, plan timelines, concept creative messaging for GCNA’s mission services social media messaging.
- Plans timelines, concepts, and creates graphics for GCNA’s career service in-center television communications.
- Maintains monthly editorial calendar for mission-focused content distribution.
- Attends various Mission Services department meetings to provide marketing updates.
- Assists with development of media and radio talking points, as well as team member talking points, as needed.
- Supports additional content and copywriting needs for virtual platform and goodwillaz.org as needed.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in, Marketing, Communications, Business, or another related field preferred.
- Must have 2 - 4 years' experience in a content, copywriting, or social media role.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing content messaging for varied audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems (CMS), social media platform back-ends, and mass e-mail distribution software.
- Familiarity with Google Adwords, Google Analytics and other online insight tracking.
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills, including news, business, persuasive writing, and writing for varied forms of media.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills including proven effectiveness in one-on-one, group communications and media relations.
- Demonstrated project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong history of quickly building relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with department leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent internet search and navigation techniques required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona - We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.