Manager, Training Services - Phoenix
Start date: Aug 05, 2019
Responsible for developing quality training program services that will be delivered by Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) Mission Services. Responsible for the design, development, coordination, implementation and maintenance of the training programs that enhance skills, knowledge, abilities and effectiveness of learners. Demonstrates professionalism, business acumen and follow-through and executes business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals.
- Ensures adherence of grant related expectations.
- Applies expertise in adult learning to continuously improve training and implement high quality standards for the learning experience.
- Implements measurements of effectiveness and return on investment of training programs, providing reporting and feedback.
- When applicable, reports out on grant spending and deliverables.
- Ensures team members deliver excellent customer service.
- Engages with internal partners and leaders to identify appropriate community and business partners to create ongoing pipeline of job seekers for training programs.
- Serves as subject matter expert to the business for training items; partners with subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis and designs, develops, implements, and evaluates training sessions and programs.
- Manages special projects related to training.
- When needed facilitates training for community businesses and organizations.
- In collaboration with the Mission Services team, identifies and develops strategy for communicating with local business and community partners about training programs.
- Assists the leadership of Mission Services with other training initiatives or special projects.
- Collaborates with team to determine appropriate build, buy, borrow strategy, collaborating with external vendors to develop and deliver training as needed.
- Continually evaluates processes for constant improvement and/or eliminating ineffective practices.
- Ensures that appropriate resources and team members are available to maximize performance.
- Reinforces operational messaging by delivering clear and understandable goals for grant-funded programs.
- Audits facilitation of trainings and services provided by Mission Services.
- Audits written case records and files to meet requirements.
- Trains team to develop and implement individual participant plans in partnership with job seekers to meet grant standards, as needed.
- Designs and implements trainings and services in collaboration with operations teams, ensuring that services will meet requirements of contracts and grants.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
- In collaboration with Learning & Development team, facilitates deployment and training of team members on new Mission Services training programs and processes.
- Acts as faculty to support the delivery of Instructor-Led training, as needed.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3-5 years' related work experience with a minimum of 1-2 years' experience leading people
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, train, and motivate others
- Demonstrated professionalism, business acumen and a drive to follow through and execute business needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Ability to produce documents written with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona - We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.