Director, Salvage Grading
Start date: Sep 09, 2019
Provides oversight, leadership and achievement of results for the Salvage Grading Division, to include strategic planning and execution for both short- and long-term success for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA). Key responsibilities include operations, financial management, human resources, and team member training & development. Building strong partnerships with GII and External Thrift organization to build salvage grading business through diversification.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads strategic plan and goals for Salvage Grading Division to include short-term and long-term goals that align with corporate strategy.
- Translates the strategic goals into operational plans to achieve the required growth in revenue and profits.
- Analyzes divisions’ results and direct activities to maximize performance of division.
- Works with Sr. Director of MBI & Merchandising for pricing strategy for salvage grading, analyzing sales and production data, sell-through, and average price points, identifying and implementing necessary changes.
- In partnership with other leaders, continually identifies and develops new business lines and opportunities for continued Revenue growth and Operating Income potential.
- Ability to negotiate and build strong relationships with Salvage/Recycling Vendors.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with local business leaders and community and other public, private and not-for-profit agencies.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote Goodwill mission.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Implements general policies established by the VP, directing their administration and execution.
- Proactively participates in strategic direction and problem solving with Goodwill Executives.
- Drives the development of diagnostic tools, SOP’s, and reporting needs to ensure goals are achieved.
- Coordinate with various Goodwill Divisions on major projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or retail management preferred or 4 years of equivalent retail work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of thrift retail experience (Salvage or Production experience a plus) with at least 5 years at a senior level in operations.
- Proven skills in decision making, intuition, and cultural development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.