Start date: Jul 22, 2019
Monitors and maintains safe and secure team member premises, customer facilities, property and grounds for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) in order to prevent theft, violence, or other loss of customer/company property.
51st Avenue & Van Buren
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protects team member and customer vehicles from theft or vandalism. Conducts mobile and/or foot patrols on the exterior, perimeter and interior of the GCNA or other assigned site, observing unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities, and notifying law enforcement, as needed.
- Provides verification of identification, authorization and access to locked areas for incoming and outgoing deliveries. Monitors/controls surveillance equipment and access points for customers, team members and others, as needed.
- Conducts audits to maintain security and safety standards set by Asset Protection, Safety and customer's needs based on location and type of building.
- Watches for irregularities such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergencies; contacts and coordinates with emergency responders such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Works with facility leadership, Asset Protection Regional Representatives, the Safety Department, various police and public safety agencies on both a continual and as needed basis, in order to enforce loss prevention and safety policies and programs.
- Operates within and follows customer requested Post Orders (daily task list) to maintain customer service standards.
- Greets all staff and visitors with a professional demeanor.
- Promotes safe work practices.
- May need to travel in order to identify case suspects, go to the Police Station to file reports, or go to court to testify on behalf of GCNA.
- As needed, writes detailed narrative reports in the Loss Prevention Management System (LPMS) at the end of each day and ensures accuracy of necessary documentation.
- As needed, conducts Compliance Audit Management System (CAMS) audits ensuring compliance and consistency based off internal client needs.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; sounds/silent alarms; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, carrying forbidden articles, or smoking in non-designated areas.
- Effectively utilizes access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed to guard against theft, trespassing and activity identified by customer.team.
- Attends seminars/training related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, as appropriate.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must complete Arizona Guard Card Certification and GCNA training program within 120 days from date of hire
- CPR certified or able to complete CPR certification within 120 days from date of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of Retail/Industrial Security Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, mathematical skills, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must have a working telephone
- Must be able to withstand potentially inclement weather
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods depending on post assignment including walking up or down inclines/stairs
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to deal with challenging situations while remaining calm and professional
- Required to participate in training specific to blood borne pathogens
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR and reliable means of transportation
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.