Maintenance Technician II
Start date: Jul 08, 2019
Provide minor repair to building and facilities which includes spot painting, drywall repair, simple plumbing, light bulb replacement, and sign installation. Also provide service for more complex duties such as electrical wiring and switches, installation of interior walls, sinks, toilets, vanities, masonry skill, as well as carpet and tile installation
2626 W Beryl Ave, Phoenix AZ 85021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fill out the appropriate paperwork and report any and all safety or security concerns to your supervisor.
- Provide excellent service to the customer’s building and facilities through making minor repairs which includes spot painting, drywall repair, simple plumbing, light bulb replacement, and sign installation. Provide service for more complex duties, if needed.
- Cross train in all aspects of building maintenance and Handyman duties.
- Must handle all company issued tools and equipment in a responsible and safe manner, ensuring the security, safety and proper usage of all tools.
- Must comply with all company set safety standards, including wearing safety glasses, hardhats, and steel-toed boots.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience, required.
- Two years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance, including plumbing, electric, steel framing, and construction experience or general handyman work as well as an understanding of HVAC and light construction, required.
- Ability to climb ladders as well as use electrical and manual tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of operating heavy machinery and be forklift certified.
- Ability to safely tow a trailer with company vehicle, including scissor lift.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to use basic computer programs.
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.