Manager, Asset Protection & Safety
Start date: Jul 19, 2019
Manages the day-to-day operations of the Asset Protection and Safety Department for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) by mitigating theft and fraud, and maintaining a safe and secure environment. Also trains, mentors, and on-boards new Asset Protection/Safety team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for minimizing operational shortage, mitigating theft and fraud, maintaining a safe and secure environment as well as developing great teams and internal/external partnerships.
- Updates current software programs used by team members as well as the organization, such as the Loss Prevention Management System (LPMS), Case Audit Management Systems (CAMS) and the Alarm Code System.
- Orders and receives security/safety equipment, coordinating with vendors to ensure functionality and timely delivery.
- Responsible for appropriate management of assigned budget.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with outside vendors or other third parties, corporate work groups, and local law enforcement; observes and recommends improvements to overall operations of GCNA.
- Embraces GCNA's commitment to customers, customer service, security, and safety.
- Assists with onboarding of Asset Protection/Safety team members as well as other GCNA team members, who work closely with Asset Protection and Safety.
- Works with outside vendors such as, but not limited to security vendors, camera, and alarm companies in order to research the products that will work best for GCNA, as needed.
- Accountable for site implementation of Asset Protection and Safety/Compliance programs at all GCNA locations.
- Maintains open, effective lines of communication with subordinates, supervisors, and clients of Asset Protection and Safety to ensure strong partnerships within GCNA.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Asset Protection Department, including following up on LPMS reports, ensuring that the team is up to date with the case load and reviewing if there are any issues either with the system or if there are things that are not being completed.
- Partners closely with Safety team members to ensure safety protocols and programs are designed, implemented and followed.
- Manages and controls the loss prevention operation of an assigned group of locations to ensure consistency with GCNA standards and expectations.
- Executes with excellence, the business plan and associated programs that will deliver desired shrink and profit results with the highest standards of service.
- Leads and assists with special projects in relation to camera and security topics, as needed.
- Collaborates with organizational-wide team members to implement and support strategic vision of department and GCNA as a whole.
- Recruits and hires best in class team members to facilitate a professional team that can communicate effectively.
- Develops programs and creates solutions that address Asset Protection, Safety, and Legal/Compliance Department problems all while removing obstacles that would delay program implementation.
- Works on additional projects, topics and duties, as assigned.
- Supervises subordinate team members and ensures they are receiving proper training and tools in order to effectively do their job.
- Effectively creates and communicates department policies to team members as well as those working closely with Asset Protection/Safety/Legal & Compliance.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
- Sponsors and supports team member engagement in order to build and sustain a culture of high engagement.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Coordinates efforts with various Goodwill divisions, as needed.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience in retail security/loss prevention preferred.
- Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) usage.
- Strong program management skills and the ability to work in an open and consultative manner.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal, written, and analytical skills as well as have the ability to interact effectively with Corporate Executives, Team Leaders and Team Members in order to drive change through all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate and understand instructions, both verbal and written, in English.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, train, and motivate others.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, including ability to work professionally and calmly during periods of stress or expedited time constraints.
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.