HR Support Specialist 1
Start date: Jun 17, 2019
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona is searching for a skilled, professional, and experienced Human Resource Support Specialist to join Team Goodwill. The right candidate will be team player with a positive attitude, great communication skills, and a passion to help others.
As a HR Support Specialist you would be responsible for coordination of data flow of the employment life cycle, through the timely and accurate processing of Human Resources and team member related transactions and audits. Creates, sets-up and maintains all electronic personnel files, maintains filing system, and performs audits, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes Human Resources transactions to include heavy data entry into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) including new hires, terminations, performance management documentation, disciplinary documents, status changes such as promotions and transfers, address changes and pay changes.
- Reviews audit reports generated by HRIS system and resolves data discrepancies
- Audits time cards for overtime, accruals, rounding, hours worked before payroll processing, ensuring that information is correctly transmitted to the time-keeping system from the HRIS system.
- Processes team member retro-payment adjustments for salary changes, correction of hours worked, vacation and sick time not submitted in a timely manner, and partners with Payroll for processing.
- Partners with Leaders, HR Business Partners, and Third-Party Administrator in gathering and submittal of information for Unemployment claims, including scheduling hearings.
- On a daily basis, effectively communicates and responds to member’s inquires that come through phone calls, mail, email, and our ServiceNow system.
- Provides technical support to Leaders, providing direction on making time card corrections, I9 completion, and submitting team member changes.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- One to two years previous experience in HR, heavy data entry or data processing, preferred.
- Experience with I9 processes and auditing of I9 records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Capable of handling multiple calls on a consistent basis due to heavy phone volume
- Versatility to work in an office setting with other team members that reflects an environment of constant movement and multi-tasking
- Proficient in MS Office skills including Word and Outlook
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly, with a strong attention to detail by focusing on the minute details of a project or task
- Ability to be self-directed and show initiative
- Ability to work independently and with a team
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following;
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings! Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona - We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.