Start date: Apr 15, 2019
At Goodwill of Central Arizona, our Warehouse and Transportation department plays a crucial role in our retail and recycling initiatives. Baler’s are responsible for operating our baling machines to produce bales for sale to salvage vendors. In this role, you will work in a fast paced, warehouse environment.
51st Avenue & Van Buren
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft or misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property.
- Takes direction from leadership with a positive attitude.
- Manually transfers donated goods from Gaylord (merchandise container) to baling machine.
- Operates baling machine to compress goods into bales.
- Sweeps, dusts, and/or vacuums daily. Cleans restrooms, mops floors, and washes walls and windows, as directed.
- Responsible for following and complying with all safety rules and for using appropriate safety equipment. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School education, GED or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to be trained and take direction
- Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.