Retail District Manager in Training
Start date: May 01, 2019
Responsible for the oversight, leadership and achievement of results for multiple Retail Store locations. Directs all aspects of daily operations; leading the team and driving the business. Provides strategic vision, leadership and general management skills for both short- and long-term success. Key responsibilities include store operations, financial management, human resources, control of inventory and training & development. Maintains control-related standards and procedures. Builds and retains motivated, high performing teams through effective leadership of line management.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes retail operations plan to achieve required targeted growth in daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for profit, revenue, and production for multiple Retail Store locations.
- Spends time in the stores with retail teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies.
- Coordinates with Store Managers to define objectives and goals by constantly developing innovative and cost effective product generation; monitors product levels daily to achieve bottom line sales budget against targets.
- Works with the Regional District Director to generate ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up-to-date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends.
- Partners with HR Business Partners to ensure people management goals are achieved and issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Ensures that store leadership is well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinates efforts among locations to allocate donations, team members, and leadership to maximize area performance.
- Ensures the district complies with all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to team members and the business.
- 3 years’ work experience in Multi-Unit Retail Management.
- Must have experience in development and growth of a retail store chain.
- 3 years’ of experience with Retail Inventory POS Computer System preferred.
- 5 years’ of supervisory experience as well as developing and managing business operations preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Arizona drivers’ license and clean MVR.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona - We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.