Supervisor, Transportation - Phoenix
Start date: Mar 10, 2019
Part time weekend transportation supervisor.
Leads and directs the team responsible for coordination of transportation, storage, or distribution of donated merchandise for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) through scheduling and dispatching both CDL and Non-CDL Truck Drivers. Analyzes daily and weekly reporting to understand trends and team member performance. Must have strong adherence to all safety policies and wearing all required personal protective equipment at all times.
515 N 51st Ave Phoenix, AZ 85043
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides feedback to Home Pick Up Leader on day-to-day operations in an effort to maintain and improve business and resolve problems.
- Manages and adheres to assigned budget.
- Builds and manages strong working relationships with customers, maintaining standards of excellent customer service.
- Maintains the day-to-day operations of the transportation department including managing and meeting team member and customer needs.Communicates with retail partners on status of equipment, product, and general information.
- Coordinates and effectively communicates with various GCNA divisions.
- Makes decisions on matters relating to the day-to-day operation within his/her defined work area.
- Prepares daily work and run schedules, determining types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
- Ensures standards for quality services are met, conducts quality assurance checks, and develops strategies for improvement.
- Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years supervisory experience or equivalent work experience, required
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, train, and motivate others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently
- Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulation
- An understanding of Safety Rules for Dock and Transportation
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.