Truck Driver - CDL
Start date: Mar 29, 2019
Daytime CDL Position loading and unloading required. Must be available to work weekends. Must have 2 years verifiable tractor/Trailer driving. Must be safety conscious.
Responsible for safely operating a vehicle to pick up, transport and/or deliver donated goods. Must have strong adherence to all safety policies and wearing all required personal protective equipment at all times.
1990 McCulloch Blvd. Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operates a vehicle to collect, transport and/or deliver donations, processed merchandise and other materials, as directed.
- Acts courteously, handles customer concerns, and resolves and/or escalates when necessary.
- Follows all established policies, procedures and local, county, state and federal laws.
- Performs daily vehicle maintenance checks.
- Ensures daily work requirements are met, maintaining quality and quantity performance. Processes and submits paperwork as directed and reviews reporting.
- May be required to work overtime to complete assigned tasks.
- Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
- Unloads vehicles and moves items as required.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School education or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience operating CDL vehicle
- Ability to be trained and take direction
- Ability to speak, write, and read English proficiently
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), DOT Certification, clean MVR with no DUIs and no reckless operation, as well as a Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.