Retail Assistant Store Manager - Valley-Wide
Start date: Jul 01, 2018
Leads the daily operations of the sales floor at a Retail Store location to help fund the Goodwill mission of ending unemployment. Assists with leading production room as appropriate. Key responsibilities include people leadership, store operations, customer service, financial management, inventory control, donation processing, and training and development of store team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes retail operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for operating income, revenue, and production.
- Monitors product levels (floor work, as-is, recycle, trash, seasonal back stock) daily to achieve bottom line sales budget against targets.
- Ensures payroll costs and operating costs are managed to budget.
- Ensures team members deliver excellent customer service to donors and customers.
- Works to de-escalate customer situations while finding an appropriate solution.
- Ensures store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote Goodwill mission.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of the sales floor.
- Ensures that Retail Store Associates and Customer Service Manager are well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Acts as a key holder for the store, closing shift manager, and backup to the Store Manager.
- Processes complex sales transactions, including customer returns.
- Ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures.
- Partners with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of Team Members.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Two years’ work experience in Retail Management
- One-year customer service experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.