At Goodwill of Central Arizona, our Warehouse and Transportation department plays a crucial role in our retail and recycling initiatives. As a Forklift Operator, you will provide transportation services at our Retail Operations Center where you will safely transport materials within a warehouse setting. As a valuable member of our team, you will take part in helping us drive our business to achieve our mission – We Put People to Work!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft or misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property.
- May be cross-trained to provide assistance to various Retail Operations Center processing departments.
- Loads and unloads merchandise containers from trailers and straight trucks, ensuring safety at all times.
- Transports merchandise containers to other designated areas in warehouse, efficiently controlling the flow.
- Performs pre-shift forklift inspection.
- Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Must possess a Forklift Certification Certificate or be able to pass our Forklift Certification class.
- Ability to be trained and take direction.
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org. You may also use our TTY number (for individuals with hearing impairments) at 602-535-4049. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.