APPLICATION AND HIRING PROCESS
HOW TO APPLY ON-LINE
- Apply online at www.jobs.goodwillaz.org
- Read the job description, confirm that you have the qualifications and interest in the position, and complete the required information in the online application.
- Watch for an email confirming a successful application submission.
The following steps outline some of the typical steps a job applicant may encounter in Goodwill’s hiring process:
- Application Completed: Once you complete your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, please log back into your profile and ensure that you have selected a position(s) for which you are applying. You may apply for up to five positions at a time. Once you receive your confirmation email, your application for that position is only active for 30 days. After 30 days, you will need to re-apply. Only online applications are accepted.
- Retail Store Positions: Goodwill Retail Stores hire for their own locations and are responsible for all positions that are open within their stores. If you would like a position in a retail store, after you apply online, you are welcome to visit the location you wish to work at and speak with the Store’s Hiring Manager.
- Evaluation and Notification: Hiring Managers/Recruiters will evaluate your application/resume for eligibility. Eligibility is based on experience, education and training as it relates to the position. Because we receive a large amount of applicants a day, we do not have the ability to contact everyone. If you are contacted, follow the steps given by the Hiring Manager or Recruiter.
- Reviews and Appeals for Background & Drug Screens: If you wish to appeal the results of a background or drug screen, you must contact the HR Recruiting Operations Team within the first 5 to 10 business days following the date the notice was emailed (or postmarked). For any additional questions regarding reviews or appeals, please contact Recruiting Operations (602) 535 – 4100, option 5.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING: Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions. This may include a drug screen, criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, personal references, and/or certifications. Other screenings may be conducted based on: job responsibilities, access levels, or other position/department.
BENEFITS: Depending on the position, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs, including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, and volunteer opportunities.
DRIVING POSITIONS: For positions requiring the use of personal or Goodwill vehicles on Goodwill business, individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess an appropriate valid Arizona driver’s license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
POSITIONS REQUIRING A CDL (COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE): Applicants will be required to pass an Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) medical examination and possess a valid license. Applicants are responsible for all testing costs. As a condition of continued employment, employees in CDL positions will be subjected to random alcohol and drug testing, as required by law.
INQUIRIES: For assistance applying for a job or for employment-related questions (including requests for any accommodation), contact the HR Recruiting Operations Team at (602) 535 – 4100, option 5.
JOB SEEKER ASSISTANCE: Please visit a Goodwill Career Center for additional assistance finding employment, assisting with cover letters, creating a resume, or learning interview tips. For more information contact (602) 535 – 4444, stop by any of our Career Centers, (M – F, 9AM – 5PM), or click here.