Job Type: Full Time
Goodwill of Central Arizona, one of the oldest and largest nonprofit organizations in Arizona, has a 65-year history of providing innovative workforce services to those in need through the resale of donated goods in our retail thrift stores. Currently employing over 2,000 individuals throughout central Arizona, and with annual revenues set to exceed $100 million in 2012, Goodwill of Central Arizona is an innovator in the thrift industry, and a recognized leader in the human services field. Our mission is simple: We Put People to Work!
Warehouse and Transportation
The Warehouse and Transportation department plays a crucial role in Goodwill of Central Arizona’s retail and recycling initiatives. This team provides transportation services to all Goodwill of Central Arizona retail stores and donation centers, delivering merchandise to stores in a timely manner, and transporting processed merchandise and recyclable materials to Goodwill’s Retail Operations Center.
Our Warehouse and Transportation division is currently seeking Full Time Truck Drivers.
What does this position entail?
To collect, transport and/or deliver donations, processed merchandise and other materials as directed.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Safely operates a vehicle to collect, transport and/or deliver donations, processed merchandise and other materials as directed. Follows all established policies, procedures and local, county, state and federal laws.
• Performs daily vehicle maintenance checks as directed.
• Implements a Customer Services Program with a strong emphasis on appropriate customer relations; Responds to any complaints in an appropriate manner.
• Ensures daily work requirements are met, maintaining quality and quantity performance. Processes and submits paperwork as directed.
• May be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime to complete assigned tasks.
• To unload vehicles and move items as required.
• Provides training, supervision and motivation to all assigned employees.
• Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses: Must have, and maintain, a valid Arizona driver's license and Medical Examiner’s Certificate; must maintain a driving record with two (2) or less moving violations on a 39 month Motor Vehicle.
Other Requirements: Must have a minimum of six (6) months intercity driving experience driving a five (5) speed, 22 foot bobtail, or equivalent.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as, providing alternative communication i.e. Braille and Large Print.