Greet participants in career centers, assist with job placement activities, provide leads, and refer them to prospective employers for consideration. Interact with businesses in the community to provide a pipeline of qualified participants in order to identify and meet business needs. Contact employers to verify referral results. Record and evaluate various pertinent data.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Assists all participants to locate and use Career Center equipment, fax machine, computers, and internet career databases.
• Manage initial registration into Career Center by ensuring accurate records and transfer into TEAMS database.
• Assess participants to match their qualifications with employers' needs, recording and evaluating applicant experience, education, training, and skills.
• Inform participants of job openings and details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, and promotion opportunities.
• Instruct job applicants in presenting a positive image by providing help with resume writing, personal appearance, and interview techniques.
• Review employment applications and job orders to match participants with job requirements, using manual or computerized file searches.
• Maintain accurate records of services provided to participants including support services issued, employment events, and job placements.
• Administer assessment tests to identify skill building needs including career interest assessments, TABE tests, typing tests, or other vocational testing.
• Select qualified applicants and refer them to employers, according to employer needs.
• Update internal database (GEMS) with relevant support services and labor market information including job opportunities, workshops, job fairs, and other employment events.
• Maintain materials for internal services available for participants, refer programs, and follow up with internal staff for referral outcomes.
• Conduct follow up with participants via telephone and e-mail for additional services if needed or to track placements and is recorded into TEAMS database.
• Review current internal job openings by establishing a rapport with hiring managers, assisting participants with application when applying for internal positions, and making referrals when appropriate.
• Conduct workshops for participants that help promote career development including resume writing skills, applying on line, creating e-mail accounts, and interviewing skills.
• Generate referrals from community agencies serving persons with barriers to employment and those needing career development.
• Identify business opportunities, research and analyze labor market, and understand impactful economic conditions.
• Compile Career Center activity reports, progress reports and annual utilization reports as assigned.
• Refer participants to other agencies for services including vocational counseling, literacy or language instruction, transportation assistance, vocational training and education, child care, food/shelter assistance, financial literacy and other public service assistance.
• Reports injuries in a timely fashion including calling injury hotline, incident reports, and notifying manager.
• Safe guards company property. Reports any incidents of theft or misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property.
• Attend scheduled meetings and trainings.
• Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Ensures work areas are maintained in a clean, uncluttered, hazard free condition. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : Six months to one year related experience
Computer Skills: Excellent internet search, navigation techniques required, completing on-line web forms and understanding data entry requirements (numerical, date formatting and character length). Proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. 1 year prior experience in using databases required.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid driver's license required.
Other Requirements: Ability to pass a drug test and background check required.